Thursday, June 5, 2014

What is a good gaming laptop? - 1

I am looking to upgrade from my current laptop (a 2010 Dell Studio 15). I play video games quite a bit, so something that will run current generation (and, preferable, some way beyond) games. I'm quite computer literate, but not really educated in terms of hardware, so I don't really know exactly what to look for.

I am looking, really, for a laptop that strikes a balance between performance and price. I'm not really talking ultra high-end - I'm not interested in a lot of the most resource-intensive games like CoD, Crysis, Far Cry (that is to say, big action games). I am most interested in RTS games and RPGs. Examples of some games I cannot run but would like to:

SimCity (2013)
Skyrim
A heavily modded Minecraft (with shaders)
Banished

Also, the reasons I'm asking about laptops rather than desktop PCs or tablets: I don't have room in my current apartment for a desktop and I am a university student, so I need something with a good keyboard (ie: not a tablet) with which to write essays.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me. Also please remember to keep the suggestions reasonable in terms of price.

Thank you. =)

Read more: What is a good gaming laptop? - 1