Thursday, March 13, 2014

Are villagers in Minecraft supposed to represent Jews?

Before you get all antsy with me, please not that I am NOT anti-Semitic. I actually have a lot of Polish-Jewish blood in my family.

I just feel like the villagers in Minecraft are supposed to represent Jews. I mean, they trade things for emeralds (money). Jews are known historically to be shrewd business people. I know I may sound racist, but remember, I'm Jewish too.

The biggest sign, to me, are the iron golems. Golems are a being in Jewish folklore which supposedly protect/serve their Jewish creators, much like the iron golems protect the villagers. In Jewish folklore, golems are created from things like clay or stone. In Minecraft, one must physically create golems using either iron or snow.

Читать далее: Are villagers in Minecraft supposed to represent Jews?