Monday, June 30, 2014

Some of my programs are no longer in my start menu. Could this a virus?

Obvious programs where missing, such as Firefox. But I could still search the computer files and found it in its own folder. But then programs I didn't use often are missing are missing and I can't remember what they are, but I know they are gone because I used to have to scroll down in the menu to open a favorite program.
I've ran two different scans in Avast and nothing come up wrong.

The one thing that I did differently then usual was try to download a Minecraft texture pack that didn't work in Chrome, so I downloaded it in IE. Around that time Avast said it caught a virus, but I was to absent minded at the time to pay mind to it. This is the link http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/assassinicostruttori-assassincraftrenaissance/
(I scanned the download^ and it came out clear)

Please help! I'm really worried, if can help I would be so grateful.
I'm restarting my computer now to see things get worse/better. This will be fun. ;(

Read more: Some of my programs are no longer in my start menu. Could this a virus?