Sunday, July 20, 2014

How to speed up Minecraft?

Hi guys! I am playing on my Windows 8 laptop, not a great one, but not terrible either. I have downloaded the Forge 1.6.4 MoonQuest mudpack, which, yes, does have 77 mods. But my MC seems to be running really smoothly, even with the texture pack on, except it seems to freeze for a tiny amount of time every few seconds, which is seriously annoying. I've have optifine and have done what a lot of videos and forums have said - I've used task manager to set the priority to high, changed the settings and closed a lot of back ground tasks. But the lag hasn't changed. This is a singleplayer world. I can't play like this. I can't really buy anything or upgrade my computer, and I can download only programs that don't require things like WinRAR (I'm too cheap to buy it). Please don't say take out some mods because I fear that if I take one out the whole mudpack will get messed up.

Read more: How to speed up Minecraft?