Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Strange Minecraft problem?

I just got a brand new laptop and one of the first things I did was download Minecraft, but when I tried to play it, some strange things started happening. The menu screen was fine but when I entered my new world random parts of the screen would start flickering. My health and hunger bars just kind of jitter and flicker, same with my inventory. Whenever I open a chest some of the item icons flicker too. The lighting flashes at random times, day and night. The strangest thing though is that at random times texture images will flash across my screen. They'll be blown up and distorted and just flash across my screen for an instant and it happens fairly frequently. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Minecraft, force updating it, and have even tried using Optifine just to see if it changed anything. No matter what the settings are it does it just the same. I haven't altered the files or used any texture packs or mods, aside from Optifine later on, but that had no effect whatsoever. I couldn't get a picture of it, but I edited a screenshot to show what I'm trying to describe. It's like this, but the texture file, area of the screen, and distortion are different each time. I've looked around for ways to fix it but I've never heard of anyone having this problem before. This is the only issue with the game but it makes it unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Strange Minecraft problem - 1

Read more: Strange Minecraft problem?