Sunday, October 26, 2014

Minecraft - 3D Resource Packs don't work?

I downloaded a few 3D resource packs to use once 1.8 came out, but I've found that they are not working for some reason. I install them just like any other resource pack (drag and drop into the resourcepacks folder), yet they do not work. I either get no results or a black and pink error box in place of the block the 3D model was supposed to replace. Other resource packs without 3D models work fine. How do I fix this?
Added (1). Resource packs I've tried include one made by one of the developers (TheMogMiner's chisled stone brick and regular brick models) as well as a collective 3D resource pack on Reddit that includes blocks from a multitude of users.
Added (2). I also believe that I tried the three that CaptainSparklez used in one of his videos (rails, bookcases, ladders). None have worked. I've also looked up how to install them; I've followed them to a T, and yet nothing.

Read more: Minecraft - 3D Resource Packs don't work?