Monday, October 26, 2015

What would be the best components for a cheap server?


The primary purpose is for it to be a garry's mod and/or minecraft server for around 6 people. But I may also use it as a media server.

I have sourced a old case which can house a micro atx motherboard and I also have an old GTX 770 to put in though I understand it will be unnecessary.

I have been looking at an Anniversary edition Pentium to be overclocked with some standard crucial RAM. Would a Pentium be okay for my needs or would it be better to have a quad core i5 or a hyperthreaded i3? I picked a more pricey motherboard (Z87M) for the overclocking though this may not be necessary for another processor? Or even the Pentium

Thanks for the help

Read more: What would be the best components for a cheap server?