Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Why can t I connect to my Minecraft server?


I ve searched online for about three hours, and I haven t found an answer. I ve seen posts of people with similar problems, but none exactly like mine. It doesn t seem to be that big of an issue, but I sure can t figure it out.

So here s my problem: I built a new computer and tried to host my server from it, but my client acts like my server isn t on. I ve double checked the IP address, and that isn t the problem. I can connect to my server using localhost, but not my IP address. I tried turning the firewall on and off (on the router as well). It worked on my old computer just fine, my friends and I could play without any issues. However, when I installed my new computer and put my server on it, it stopped working. The only thing that I could think of that would be causing this is my Anti-Spyware program (AVG), although I have toggled the firewall on it as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Read more: Why can t I connect to my Minecraft server?